Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Texture/Model program
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, what program(s) do yo use to create custom textures and models?

I want to get into creating my own textures and such but I have no idea where to start. I do know that I need a program to convert normal images into the proper file types like .mat and others.

Thanks!
Blender is the best free program I'd say. 3ds max and maya cost a lot. When you buy them that is.
Thanks mate I'll tinker with that! Big Grin
Hey MrBigzy I got Blender and it's pretty awesome. It's version 2.56 beta that I'm using.

Do you know how I would import a JPG file and create a texture with it? I've been trying to import images and stuff but it won't work. That aside, I'm having lots of fun morphing this cube Smile
Use programs like gimp or paint.net to convert them to .dds.

Also, use Blender 2.49, Collada export won't be compatible with Amnesia otherwise.
I'm using 3ds max and photoshop, but those are a tad expenssive.

I can recommend Blender 2.5x, and Gimp.
only blender 2.49 will work with amnesia !

Quote:THIS WAS WRITTEN FOR BLENDER 2.49, CURRENT 2.5 BETA DOES NOT WORK OUT OF THE BOX. HAVE NOT INVESTIGAED WHY 2.5 DOES NOT WORK AT THIS MOMENT.
Alright I've got Blender and GIMP, both look very interesting but Blender is insanely intimidating haha I need to spend about quite a few more hours just tinkering with it! Big Grin

Also what should I do about converting things into the proper amnesia files? I'm truly a novice at this kind of stuff, but if there's a webpage link you can post that walks me through this that'd be great!

Thanks in advance guys
http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/thi...3d/blender

check this little tutorial out ! it helped me alot !
I believe if you download the HPL2 editor that maps are made on, in the editor suite tab (in the amnesia launcher) there is a model editor ^_^
It also comes with a particle editor if i recall.
Model Editor lets you to create custom entities or such, not new models from scratch.