Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Dawn After Dusk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, just thought i should log in here and join the community.. I'm really keen to put a good effort into my first custom story.

I've been teaching myself scripting and working with the HPL engine, so I think it's time now to come out and learn from the best.

Anyway, ive made a quick video of the intro, where i used custom music and the grunt has an edited entity (.ent) file so that some of the "active" music doesnt play... I'm worried that using my edited version of the entity may not work as planned when i give the story to others.. but i have all the entities and custom sounds in the custom_stories/Dawn after Dusk directory, so from what i understand it should work. I havea good understanding of the skills and language now, so it's all about perfecting things from now on.

Here's the intro video link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIrbY4twLjE

Cheers,
LynX
The beggining is awsome man Big Grin good work on that...
to share your own custome ent files just creat a new folder called for example "enemy" at your custom story's folder and put the stuff there Wink
(04-02-2011, 02:49 AM)Danarogon Wrote: [ -> ]The beggining is awsome man Big Grin good work on that...
to share your own custome ent files just creat a new folder called for example "enemy" at your custom story's folder and put the stuff there Wink

cheers man, yeah ive been reading up a bit i have an entity folder in the custom story folder along with sounds etc etc... cheers for the heads up though Smile
no prob man Wink can't wait to see what is coming out of this Big Grin
awesome! how did u make that body move at the start?
That was a beautiful (beautiful? Really?) intro, it really was. Perfectly done!

I only wish the possibility for custom monsters were more feasible, because something about a faceless guy with no emotion walking around there in the intro would have just made that simply terrifying.

I love the music choice, too! Good job all around. :]
(04-17-2011, 08:25 PM)Lexander.R Wrote: [ -> ]awesome! how did u make that body move at the start?
There is an entity that is just that, a moving body. He just placed the camera at were the bodies head is.

Really original man, can't wait to see the finished product! 5/5