Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: How to make water? Help please =)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, ive made some water =) It looks nice and kind of behaves normally, However, there is one big annoyance that i dont understand. I am trying to make it so that when you enter this map (the water is directly infront of you on a lower level when you spawn) some rocks fall from high above and splash into the water. Only problem is, they do fall, but when they hit the water it acts like glass, they just hit it and stop, sitting perfectly ontop of the water without even making a splash. I am fairly sure i made the water correctly as it works fine when i walk in it and i have a lurker happily swimming around in there. I dont understand what i have done wrong, please reply =)

Cheers,
Edd
(04-06-2011, 11:44 AM)Simpanra Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, ive made some water =) It looks nice and kind of behaves normally, However, there is one big annoyance that i dont understand. I am trying to make it so that when you enter this map (the water is directly infront of you on a lower level when you spawn) some rocks fall from high above and splash into the water. Only problem is, they do fall, but when they hit the water it acts like glass, they just hit it and stop, sitting perfectly ontop of the water without even making a splash. I am fairly sure i made the water correctly as it works fine when i walk in it and i have a lurker happily swimming around in there. I dont understand what i have done wrong, please reply =)

Cheers,
Edd

I guess I failed to mention that you should select the water textured plane, and go under the Primitive tab and uncheck collide. That'll allow things to move through the plane. Just don't do that to your floor, else you'll find the void.
Pages: 1 2