Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Game crashes while trying to play
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been playing the game since release fine up until today, I've been playing today fine until i stopped playing and came back to try and play some more about 4 hrs later i try and double click the icon and this thing generates a percentage of 100% and says i got a bug. no matter what i do i cant get into the game. like i said i've been playing fine before so its not my drivers or anything.
customx5 Wrote:I've been playing the game since release fine up until today, I've been playing today fine until i stopped playing and came back to try and play some more about 4 hrs later i try and double click the icon and this thing generates a percentage of 100% and says i got a bug. no matter what i do i cant get into the game. like i said i've been playing fine before so its not my drivers or anything.

Okay i went here and this worked, now i can play again http://frictionalgames.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=691

BTW penumbra developers i just found out the crash happens when i turn sound hardware on. I have a soundblaster XFI extrememusic edition
You might want to post the HP log than.
Glad you fixed it, Open AL that we use can be strange at times. If you want sound hardware (for surround sound) you can try updating your sound card drivers.