Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Another Exception Access Violation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Amnesia crashes ingame, with this error:
Amnesia.exe caused an EXCEPTION ACCESS VIOLATION in module <unknown> at 001B:00138C03
Already reinstalled the game and installed the latest graphicsdriver, without success. My OS is Vista 32Bit, and a Nvidia 8800GT
THX for help
Try deleting your Amnesia folder in My Documents/

Other than that try to change settings in the control panel for the graphics card, could be some conflict between settings there and the game.
(04-07-2011, 09:55 AM)jens Wrote: [ -> ]Try deleting your Amnesia folder in My Documents/

Other than that try to change settings in the control panel for the graphics card, could be some conflict between settings there and the game.

This will mean, i have to delete my savegames...... Sad
Graphics card: you mean the windows control panel?
Oh so you have played the game successfully before?
Yep, i`ve played it successfully...Unfortunately i cant tell you, which programms i installed since the last successfull game session.
Tried both: deleting the folder and changing the graphics settings in windows - no success. Game crashed without any explicit error: windows only says, that amnesia.exe isnt working...What can i do?
Have you tried loading an earlier save?
Yep, started a completly new game with a new main-folder. And tried an older save game with the old main-folder. Both times the game crashes without an explicit error report.
Post the new hpl.log please
Ok, here is the hpl.log from a completly new game...
Pages: 1 2