Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Will I be able to play Amnesia with this graphics card?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm about to buy a new laptop, partially because I can't play Amnesia on the one I have now, but mostly because I spilled Coke on this one and the touch pad doesn't work anymore. Anyway, I found one I like, but I wanted to know if the game would support the card it comes with.

So, will Amnesia work with a 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce GT525M? I love to game, but I know next to nothing about the way computers actually work, so any help here would be appreciated.
Try free demo.
^ Yeah, agreed. I think it will work, but likely you will have to use fairly low settings. No SSAO, medium shadow res, and probably no more than 4x AF.
Try the demo but it should work like a charm. That card is 6 generations or something newer than the card I used during development (6800 GT).
I have tried the free demo, that's how I learned it doesn't work on my present computer. I haven't bought the new laptop yet and I was wondering if there was any way to know whether the game would work before I do so I'll know whether to get it or keep looking.