Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: How to prevent nausa / motion sickness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I reeeeally want to play this game, but unfortunately within minutes I am motion sick. This is all to common for me with FPS and the like. It sucks, but usually when I turn off head bobbing I am perfectly alright.

I have tried to do this by tweaking the game.cfg. I've had some success, but I can't seem to turn off the "breathing" effect (I don't know what it's actually called, but it's the slight camera movement you notice even when you're just standing still).

I appreciate any help you can give me.

The tweaks I've done so far are:

CrouchBobMax = "0.00 0.00"
WalkBobMax = "0.00 0.00"
RunBobMax = "0.00 0.00"

CrouchMinBobSpeed = "0.0"
CrouchMaxBobSpeed = "0.0"

WalkMinBobSpeed = "0.0"
WalkMaxBobSpeed = "0.0"

RunMinBobSpeed = "0.0"
RunMaxBobSpeed = "0.0"
I realize im terrible advice, but I think it has something to do with 'insanity effects' and isnt neccessarily related to player movement but I think it's a separate mechanic. Try finding something in the script/code related to insanity efffects..... hopefully someone with better technical knowledge can improve my advice >_<
That was my thought too. I did mess around with some variables under the "Player_Sanity" section but none I changed seem to make a difference. It could just be I didn't change the right one though, or changed it to the wrong value...