Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: PC Gamer review?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi:

Will PC Gamer Magazine do a review for Penumbra: Overture?

Guru
As far as I know the US, UK and Swedish version of Pc Gamer will review the game. Unless they decide they do not have the space offcourse.
In the Benelux the game was reviewed by PC Gameplay and received a 84% mark.
Sciere Wrote:In the Benelux the game was reviewed by PC Gameplay and received a 84% mark.

Awesome? Would it be possible to get a summary of what they liked and disliked?
Sure, it was a 85% mark by the way, and PC Gameplay covers Belgium and The Netherlands.

They liked the constant suspense (smart enemies, no in-game map, stealth), logical and fun puzzles and brilliant use of physics - calling it one of the most original games of this moment.

They found the level design, with similar sections after each other somewhat repetitive, though.

Translated bottom line: Penumbra is an unforgettable rollercoaster ride you should not miss out on. Warning: not for heart patients!
Sciere Wrote:Translated bottom line: Penumbra is an unforgettable rollercoaster ride you should not miss out on. Warning: not for heart patients!

Cool!!!!! COOLLLLLL!!!! :-)))))))))))))))))))))
I can't wait until play this game!!!!
But I living in Brazil, and the games stores don't now when the game become to here...
Ohhh my God!!! Or... Whats Hell!!!!! :-P
Well, I was looking for the review on PC Gamer UK and I haven't found it yet you say they reviewed it. Can I get a direct link to the review?

Guru
It's in the latest issue of the magazine, issue 174 I think.
Can you post a direct link to the article? I'm having issues finding it.

Guru
Rhapsody Guru Wrote:Can you post a direct link to the article? I'm having issues finding it.

Guru

It should be here in a few days:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/rev...c&letter=P

I think it takes a while for it to get online (if it gets online that is)