Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Grid Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to change where your editor focus is and the base grid mark, for example I want to make a second floor, do I always have to place objects and move them up everytime or can I just make a main base line at any height?
Bottom left, where it says Height. You can also change the snap separation, or turn the snap off completely by pressing the magnet.
(04-20-2011, 11:32 PM)Shoop Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to change where your editor focus is and the base grid mark, for example I want to make a second floor, do I always have to place objects and move them up everytime or can I just make a main base line at any height?

There's a button along the bottom, closer to the left, that allows you to set your height of focus. Also, on that same bar but more to the right, there is a button that looks like LT I think. That one turns on and off your tracking with the grid. If it's off you can move up and down freely. Hope that makes sense. Smile
Thank you! Big Grin
That makes my life 20x easier.
The shortcut key F is to be recommended. Focus on objects and moves the grid at the same time.