Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Animations?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello again everyone Big Grin

I was wondering how to make items/props use their animations, like if I pick up a hand drill and use it on the wine barrel it appears there and spins.. I already know how to make everything work (appear there, particles etc) I just need to know how to make the animation. I looked in the script functions page and found:
Code:
PlayPropAnimation(string& asProp, string& asAnimation, float afFadeTime, bool abLoop, string& asCallback);

But I don't know what the animation names are or where they're located... If someone knows how to properly do this please explain Big Grin!
Try looking at the storage map, it had a part exactly the way you described it.
Thanks, I checked it but what it does actually isn't an animation, they used rotateproptospeed and made a static model spin there, unless that is the way they make animations... but what about the hammer hammering a nail and stuff?
The prison had the hammer and nail thing, you can take a look at how they did it there Smile
lol I guess that helps Tongue i'll try that
I HAVE to use this for my custom story. It is just so epic! I'm gonna have to try it. Big Grin