Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: A Grunt Ragdoll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(04-23-2011, 02:30 PM)MrBigzy Wrote: [ -> ]I put up an alternate download.

Basically, I took the grunt model to maya, stripped all the animations and imported it out, since you can't connect joints to bodies if they have animations. Then I just put it in the model editor, added bodies to different body parts, and added specific joints between each part, specific to how the body moves. I could write an actual tutorial for a general ragdoll I guess if you need details.

If you post the tutorial on the Wiki, I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated.
(04-22-2011, 07:35 PM)Cryaotic Wrote: [ -> ]Nice!

Thanks for this, Bigzy! I can see this being used in some interesting ideas in future custom stories. :]

You can hide this inside a cabinets to scare people! XD
I made the tutorial:

http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/tut...tutorial_2

Tell me if you want anything specific in it that I left out. Smile
This is a serious chunk of awesome!
And then...it springs to life and gets ya!!! :O
(04-30-2011, 07:21 PM)gandalf91 Wrote: [ -> ]And then...it springs to life and gets ya!!! :O

That would be epic! Hmm... lets see if it can be scripted...
(04-30-2011, 07:37 PM)Kyle Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-30-2011, 07:21 PM)gandalf91 Wrote: [ -> ]And then...it springs to life and gets ya!!! :O

That would be epic! Hmm... lets see if it can be scripted...

Yeah that would be fucking epic. For example a quest that says that you have to move the grunt from one point to another, and then suddenly, he jumps up and attacks you.
You could do something like that. You could add a force to him at least. It wouldn't be him coming to life, just his body jerking.
(04-30-2011, 11:29 PM)MrBigzy Wrote: [ -> ]You could do something like that. You could add a force to him at least. It wouldn't be him coming to life, just his body jerking.

You know what, I think I should do that. Big Grin
This is really nice Bigzy. I now know that I may create my model in peace and then come cry like a baby when its animations do not work. lol Big Grin great work
-----------------------------------------
ops, wrong thread. cred to the new animation anyhow
Pages: 1 2 3