Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Abduction: Chapter 2 [RELEASE] (Chapter 1 download included)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
How exactly are we supposed to get to chapter 2? I replayed chapter 1 with the new files extracted, and it ended the same way with the cinematic.
(04-28-2011, 07:30 AM)DominusVita Wrote: [ -> ]How exactly are we supposed to get to chapter 2? I replayed chapter 1 with the new files extracted, and it ended the same way with the cinematic.

when you enters to Sewers(after main hall, via secret door), Chapter 2 began automatically.

Anxt
link in first post updated and consist of files entities.rar ?
would like to see fully work archive, Idea
Yeah, that's the issue. It cues the cinematic instead of letting me enter the sewers. Maybe I extracted something wrong? o_O
(04-28-2011, 03:11 AM)Anxt Wrote: [ -> ]Did the mine seem to work correctly for you? As in, did you run into the things that make the mine special? I don't want to post spoilers for anyone, but I DID have to make a modification, so I am wondering if it worked.

Just.. gonna use tags for safety, haha.

Spoiler below!
I hate those creatures and never expected to see them again, curse you little Penumbra minions. There was a problem with them that I didn't realize at the time cause I was caught up on the cinnabar: I could hear and get hit by the spiders, I didn't see any. However the new folder you just put up might fix that too, as my initial entities folder didn't have the "spider" addition it has now.
It's a good thing he made that modification. You wouldn't want to try the original. :-P
Something I forgot to mention in Chapter 1 that bugged:

Spoiler below!
I think it was the East Wing, with the long hallway and a well-lit door at the end of the corridor behind which is a room with the red shard. A monster comes out the door, and then you can go in, grab the shard and everything goes dark.

I had a problem here because when you leave, a monster appears at the end of the hallway - and well, I didn't brilliantly make my escape properly and died. The problem came was the respawn: When you die at this "run away!" moment, you respawn back in the room where you picked up the red shard. You already have the shard, the room is dark, but the door to get into the corridor is shut and "stuck". You're just trapped in that room.

Luckily I save constantly while playing Custom Stories so things don't trap me and make me restart all over, so I loaded up a new save and did it again right. But respawning in a locked room with no hope is a bit of a frustration if somebody doesn't regularly save.
Cool, I'll start playing as soon as I have completed Justin for non-steamers.
Dominus: Try erasing the map cache file. I originally had an area which started the credits, but I took that out and then re-saved the map. If you are loading the map from a save point which was created before downloading Chapter 2, then the map will not have updated itself, leaving the area there.
Also, thank you for reminding me of that, Bio. I kept forgetting to fix that bit. It will be included in the update which I am uploading now. It should be available in the next 30-45 mins.
Update is complete.
I really enjoy your custom story, haven't played through it yet, but from what I have seen so far, it's really well made. I found a bug, though; you can get behind the piano in the first level (bedroom), and then you're stuck. No way to get out.

I'm currently LPing your story, you can see it here. Big Grin

Keep up the really good work!
damn, i stuck in Atrium andron.

Spoiler below!

in room, there are 4 pressures plates, where "let treir fate guide you".
i think in was - 5-7-3-9(left to right, or vice versa)
[Image: stucks.th.jpg]

but nothing works!
so what is the right combination?
i break my mind
help needed

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15