Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Custom story mac
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What kind of text document do you use for the scripting and stuff, for the .hps and .cfg files? I tried Open Office and that went no where, and also tried downloading notepad, but that one dun work on mac. Please help me!
.hps handles scripting

use textedit, it's simple enough
Okay, I'll give it a shot!
Didn't really work...
*sigh* There's srsly no guide on how to make a custom story on a mac computer, there is one of windows and one on how to install custom stories on mac, but none bout how to make them!
I've created a small map, wrote the whole setting stuff in the cfg file, the "Void Onstart() []-thingys" in the hps, placed em all where they belong in the custom storie folder, but nothing shows up when I start the game!
Copy files from existing and working custom story and edit its files to see if it works for you.
(04-28-2011, 10:00 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: [ -> ]Copy files from existing and working custom story and edit its files to see if it works for you.

Downloaded the Staying Alive and copied as followed:
////////////////////////////
// Run first time starting map
void OnStart()
{
//Add the Lantern and 10 Tinderboxes when in Debug mode, always good to have light!
if(ScriptDebugOn())
{
GiveItemFromFile("lantern", "lantern.ent");

for(int i=0;i<10;i++) GiveItemFromFile("tinderbox_"+i, "tinderbox.ent");
}
}
For the .hps one and:
<Main

Name = "TestStory"
Author = "DannieWest"
MapsFolder = "maps/"
StartMap = "TestStory.map"
StartPos = "PlayerStartArea_1"
/>
for the .cfg but no sign of the story when I launch the game =/
I use a mac and it works jsut fine =) you just need patience and understanding =), here, try copying this into the void OnEnter() section of your .hps =)

Code:
///////////////////////////////
///Run when entering map
void OnEnter()
{
AddTimer("FadeIntro", 0, "FadeIntro");
}

void FadeIntro(string &in asTimer)
{
FadeOut(0);
FadeIn(6);
}

This will make your vision fade in from black when you start the level =)
Cool :p I'll try that!
Only problem is that I can't run the story, not showing up >.< Launch game -> Select profile -> Custom Story -> Can only find the ones I downloaded, not the one I made myself Sad
I just wonder, would it be possible maybe for someone to create a tutorial video about how to create a custom story on mac and put on youtube? I kinda feel like a pain in the ass asking all those questions and still nothing works :o
I use a Mac, and TextEdit was awful for it when I tried :/
Use TextWrangler, it's meant for scripting
Okay =) Time to try it out!
(04-29-2011, 02:11 AM)ricky horror Wrote: [ -> ]I use a Mac, and TextEdit was awful for it when I tried :/

OMG FINALLY!!!! THANKS YOU SOOO MUCH MAN!!! Heart
Finally I can start making my own custom stories Big Grin
(04-29-2011, 07:12 AM)DannieWest Wrote: [ -> ]Okay =) Time to try it out!
(04-29-2011, 02:11 AM)ricky horror Wrote: [ -> ]I use a Mac, and TextEdit was awful for it when I tried :/

OMG FINALLY!!!! THANKS YOU SOOO MUCH MAN!!! Heart
Finally I can start making my own custom stories Big Grin

No problem [:
Works great, doesn't it?
It's Mac's version of C++
Pages: 1 2