Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Anyone need help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
"world" is the level editor's coordinate plane. I don't know any other ones, so it is best to keep it as "world".
bump =)

anybody know?
(05-14-2011, 06:47 PM)Simpanra Wrote: [ -> ]bump =)

anybody know?

Sorry, eating right now. Maybe in a few hours. :p

To be honest, I think it's impossible unless you made your own script thing. Which is nearly impossible.
Stuff wont happen when I pick up the key. I got it working earlier with just the monster activate but I want the other things to happen aswell. can I use like a if entityactive to get the other stuff working?

void OnStart()
{
SetEntityPlayerInteractCallback("castle_key_1", "MonsterActivate3", true);
}

void MonsterActivate3(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
SetEntityActive("servant_grunt_3", true);
SetEntityActive("castle_door_5", false);
SetEntityActive("castle_door_6", true);
SetSwingDoorLocked("castle_door_3", false, true);
PlaySoundAtEntity("LookAt_2", "15_bang.snt", "LookAt_2", 0, false);
PlaySoundAtEntity("guardian_distant3", "enabled.snt", "Player", 0,false);
AddEnemyPatrolNode("servant_grunt_3", "PathNodeArea_1", 0, "");
AddEnemyPatrolNode("servant_grunt_3", "PathNodeArea_2", 0, "");
AddEnemyPatrolNode("servant_grunt_3", "PathNodeArea_3", 0, "");
AddEnemyPatrolNode("servant_grunt_3", "PathNodeArea_4", 0, "");
AddEnemyPatrolNode("servant_grunt_3", "PathNodeArea_5", 0, "");
}

Help appreciated Smile
Does anyone know how can I break a rope, by deactivating it or somehow so I make what is attached to it fall?
RownBear, what about removing SetEntityPlayerInteractCallback("castle_key_1", "MonsterActivate3", true); and using the editor field in the Entity tab of that object to call the MonsterActivate callback?
(05-15-2011, 12:12 AM)nemesis567 Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know how can I break a rope, by deactivating it or somehow so I make what is attached to it fall?
RownBear, what about removing SetEntityPlayerInteractCallback("castle_key_1", "MonsterActivate3", true); and using the editor field in the Entity tab of that object to call the MonsterActivate callback?

Maybe this:

SetEntityActive("Rope", true);
(05-15-2011, 12:26 AM)Kyle Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-15-2011, 12:12 AM)nemesis567 Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know how can I break a rope, by deactivating it or somehow so I make what is attached to it fall?

Maybe this:

SetEntityActive("Rope", true);

Note: What happens is that when I send the object into that area, the rope doesn't disappear and so does not the object attached to it fall.
Nop, This is my code:
Code:
void OnStart()
{
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "ColAreaBegginingSeq", "ColAreaBegginingSeqFunc", true, 1);
    AddEntityCollideCallback("StoneInteracteable_10", "ScriptArea_1", "ScriptArea_1_Func", true, 1);
    //ScriptArea_1
}
void ScriptArea_1_Func(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
    SetEntityActive("RopeArea_1", false);
    SetEntityActive("RopeArea_2", false);
}
I need help with scripting if possible Smile
(05-15-2011, 01:02 AM)WatzUpzPeepz Wrote: [ -> ]I need help with scripting if possible Smile
With what?

All I can think of is a deactivate function which is:
SetEntityActive("thenameofyourentity", false);

or you could put a broken rope entity(A)(if one exists) right on top of your none broken rope(B) and make A active and B non active,add some particle effects and a sound and you couldnt tell the diference.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22