Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia: The Dark Descent charity fundraiser
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Frictional Community!

Firstly, I promise I'm not spam (sorry if it seems like that). My name is Vernon, and I'm helping to organize a fundraiser based off of Amnesia. My brother and I came up with this idea after seeing all of the glorious youtube videos of people playing this game and screaming like little girls. It's going to be a lot like your average gaming marathon, but with a few more twists. On May 28th I'm going to livestream myself playing Amnesia for all of you to watch. During this time my brother Tim and a group of volunteers will try to scare me in every way imaginable outside of the game, for your comedic enjoyment. It will sort of be like when someone comes up behind you and puts their hand on your shoulder during a scary moment in a videogame, only much, much worse. The day afterward, we reverse the roles and do it all over again, with me trying to scare Tim.

The charity we are trying to benefit is Camp Kesem UCSD, an organization that puts on a yearly Summer camp for the children of cancer patients. This camp helps them cope with the sort of stress that kids their age shouldn't have to endure, but predominantly it gives them a week to have play and have fun without the burdens of everyday life. This year's camp is having trouble making ends meet, and my brother and I want to do everything we can to aid them.

We're trying really hard to get the word out about this fundraiser, but we seem to be having trouble gaining traction within the gaming community. I was wondering if we could get this forum's help in informing the public about our event. We already have the support of GameMarathons.com and Joystiq, but most of my emails to gaming organizations went unanswered (even my email to Frictional didn't receive a reply Sad)

If you want, you can check out more of what we're about on our FirstGiving page, and possibly donate if you have the means. There's even a handy video explaining the fundraiser, if that's your style.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I try not to ask for handouts, but this is a pretty important cause to me and my brother, and we really do need all the help we can get.
That's a wonderful idea! Good luck!
Agree with AnttiApina, sounds really fun. I'll make sure to watch if I'm available that day Smile Good luck!
Great idea! Do you have a YouTube channel I can subscribe to? Because I'm more active on YouTube than on here. Wink
(05-11-2011, 06:14 PM)MeetMyMeat Wrote: [ -> ]Great idea! Do you have a YouTube channel I can subscribe to? Because I'm more active on YouTube than on here. Wink

We have a wordpress account which links to all of our different webpages on the sidebar. You can get to our Youtube account here Smile
So wait? What is it exactly you want? Us to watch the livestream? For us to give money? What?

EDIT: Goddamn just saw the link, I'm an idiot
Great news everyone! The nice people at Frictional have offered to help spread the word about our event through twitter and facebook. That's pretty awesome of you, Frictional.

Also in an effort to try and get more people to donate, we will set up a private chatroom exclusively for donators where you'll be able to help in the prank planning process during the event. If you feel like donating, you can do so here.

We're only at $203 of our $1000 goal for the charity, and we hope that you can help out in any way you can. The children of Camp Kesem could really use your support.
(05-25-2011, 07:47 PM)ScareToCare Wrote: [ -> ]Great news everyone! The nice people at Frictional have offered to help spread the word about our event through twitter and facebook. That's pretty awesome of you, Frictional.

Also in an effort to try and get more people to donate, we will set up a private chatroom exclusively for donators where you'll be able to help in the prank planning process during the event. If you feel like donating, you can do so here.

We're only at $203 of our $1000 goal for the charity, and we hope that you can help out in any way you can. The children of Camp Kesem could really use your support.

Hello!

This might be a dumb question, but where are you from? I need to know since I would like to know at what time the stream starts in my timezone Smile

Thanks
(05-25-2011, 08:15 PM)TGST Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-25-2011, 07:47 PM)ScareToCare Wrote: [ -> ]Great news everyone! The nice people at Frictional have offered to help spread the word about our event through twitter and facebook. That's pretty awesome of you, Frictional.

Hello!

This might be a dumb question, but where are you from? I need to know since I would like to know at what time the stream starts in my timezone Smile

Thanks

Oh I should probably have mentioned that. Haha.

The stream takes place at 6:00 PM Pacific Standard Time, which I believe is GMT-7.

I'll post it on reddit for you Smile

EDIT: Upvote it http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/...dren_with/
Pages: 1 2