Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: The spider-eating guy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Was he there from World War II or what? I know he got killed and all, but why was he there to begin with and was he only there for like 500 days?
"was he only there for like 500 days?"
Or a little more, but from WWII? C'mon.
He has a name you know.
(05-14-2011, 09:46 AM)Doctorcheese Wrote: [ -> ]He has a name you know.

He was rather insignificant though...
(05-15-2011, 01:35 PM)Darkchef Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-14-2011, 09:46 AM)Doctorcheese Wrote: [ -> ]He has a name you know.

He was rather insignificant though...

He was still pretty interesting.
(05-11-2011, 04:49 PM)samusaran253 Wrote: [ -> ]Was he there from World War II or what? I know he got killed and all, but why was he there to begin with and was he only there for like 500 days?

When things went bad in the Shelter, the Spider Eater was one of the few that got out in time. He got stuck in the mines for over a year. He was originally a scientist but I can't remember his name at the moment.
(05-15-2011, 07:29 PM)spukrian Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-11-2011, 04:49 PM)samusaran253 Wrote: [ -> ]Was he there from World War II or what? I know he got killed and all, but why was he there to begin with and was he only there for like 500 days?

When things went bad in the Shelter, the Spider Eater was one of the few that got out in time. He got stuck in the mines for over a year. He was originally a scientist but I can't remember his name at the moment.

It's mentioned in Eloff Carpenter's report in the kennel...can't remember it offhand either though, I would have to go back to that part.
Spoiler below!

I had always gathered that the "thing" that drags him off when you are down in the basement is Wilbur Friske, the overseer of Shelter that locked himself in the Kennel. The very same one who creeps within the walls in that area.

(05-15-2011, 11:17 PM)gandalf91 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-15-2011, 07:29 PM)spukrian Wrote: [ -> ]

It's mentioned in Eloff Carpenter's report in the kennel...can't remember it offhand either though, I would have to go back to that part.
Spoiler below!

I had always gathered that the "thing" that drags him off when you are down in the basement is Wilbur Friske, the overseer of Shelter that locked himself in the Kennel. The very same one who creeps within the walls in that area.

Hmmm I always thought it was a worm within the walls ... guess not.
That's plausible but I highly doubt it for multiple reasons:

Spoiler below!

- The worms seem to be a bit deeper in the mine
- They are a bit bigger than that (though size deviation is arguable, especially among young or such)
- You don't feel any rumbling or hear any worm noises
- The letter in the kennel mentions Wilbur sneaking back out into the mine periodically, tunneling through walls, etc.

(05-16-2011, 11:15 PM)gandalf91 Wrote: [ -> ]That's plausible but I highly doubt it for multiple reasons:

Spoiler below!

- The worms seem to be a bit deeper in the mine
- They are a bit bigger than that (though size deviation is arguable, especially among young or such)
- You don't feel any rumbling or hear any worm noises
- The letter in the kennel mentions Wilbur sneaking back out into the mine periodically, tunneling through walls, etc.

Well whatever it was it didn't seem very human to me.
Pages: 1 2 3 4