Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: F****ng billboards, how do they work?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I had an idea about doing an in depth (as deeep as i can) tutorial about the use of billboards. But is there really enough demand to do such an project? Give your thoughts in this thread (because I don't know how to create a poll)
I can't do a video tutorial, but I can make a long post with pictures and stuff...
Yup, I still don't really know how to set them up...
Right now I'm just copying the ones that Kyle did for one of my levels and changing their properties a bit... Big Grin
I'd love to see that to be honest, I keep running into issues.
(05-12-2011, 08:07 PM)Khyrpa Wrote: [ -> ]So I had an idea about doing an in depth (as deeep as i can) tutorial about the use of billboards. But is there really enough demand to do such an project? Give your thoughts in this thread (because I don't know how to create a poll)
I can't do a video tutorial, but I can make a long post with pictures and stuff...

I would love it if you would do one with pictures and text. I would read it.
And maybe it wou'd like me to i can put them in the wiki on the tutorials page Smile
I might make a tutorial. Maybe, except it might take a few days. Smile
(05-12-2011, 08:57 PM)laser50 Wrote: [ -> ]I would love it if you would do one with pictures and text. I would read it.
And maybe it wou'd like me to i can put them in the wiki on the tutorials page Smile
Sure, or I might do it myself... Depends on how it'll turn out. I'll be working on this tomorrow
By the way, how do you make pictures? I tried before, but it wouldn't work. Any suggestions of where I should upload them from?
(05-12-2011, 09:14 PM)Kyle Wrote: [ -> ]By the way, how do you make pictures? I tried before, but it wouldn't work. Any suggestions of where I should upload them from?

I've always used PhotoBucket, but ImageShack isn't too bad either. The problem is that ImageShack is often blocked on school servers and other similar ones.
Okay. Thanks. I'll get to working on it. Wink
Tutorial is done!

Here's the link if you didn't notice. Smile

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-7963.html
(05-12-2011, 09:23 PM)TFEF Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is that ImageShack is often blocked on school servers and other similar ones.

That's Why i love my school: Even the ICT staff of my school is to stupid to do that Big Grin
(They can't even block Cmd, i mean srsly Big Grin)
Pages: 1 2