Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Some entities cannot be hidden?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, for example, I want to make a bookshelf inactive and then later, put a triggered event to make it active, as if the bookshelf has fallen over. However, I cannot do this with the bookshelf, but with other entities.. it works just fine.

How come?
I think you're right. I couldn't use the standing man statue during a part of my mod. Couldn't get them to go inactive.
It doesn't work for all entites.

I had this same problem, so I suggest to use a closet instead of a bookshelf. It worked for me that way. :/
Some entities, for whatever reason, need to be deactivated at runtime in your script. Like lights. They refuse to go inactive by the level editor. At least for me anyway. :B
@Kyle
Problem is, it's in a library, so a closet won't work. Tongue

@MrBigzy
I tried that to. I made a collidebox at the start of the level that set the entity to inactive state and yet, it still appeared in game.
You might want to create a new entity using same mesh. If the entity is static prop or so, usual entity functions may not work at all.
You go to the model editor, open the entity you wish to make disappear, click the edit tab in the top of the window, click user variables and add the collision mesh to be the models col mesh, most cases it is Body_1. Then save that entity with another name and replace that one with the old one.

I've seen a tutorial about that somewhere so you should search before posting.
there is an easier method =) an entity called "secret shelf" looks just like a normal one ^_^
(05-17-2011, 10:13 PM)Simpanra Wrote: [ -> ]there is an easier method =) an entity called "secret shelf" looks just like a normal one ^_^

I think I know a way you can make it look like the normal one.

Perhaps setting it with static physics and using SetEntityInteractionDisabled("secret_shelf", true);
entities set as "static object" in the model editor cannot be hidden. The simple fix is to change that setting and save as a new entity.