Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Model problem: Animation's Skeleton missing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!
I've made my first model (Woho!). After many issues it exports alright. I've also made its first animation (idle.dae). However when I import that animation to modelview it is just a "ball" / my model made into a ball of mesh.

Now I noticed it has no skeleton! My model without animations has skeleton, while the animation has none.

Why is it so?

Pic:
[attachment=1407]

And how do you exit modelview? Big Grin
Hey, easy question first ^^
esc quit modelviewer
that the ball looked like a ball of mesh should be a prob with subdivision, try to disable it and only smooth faces
hmm with you skeleton, dont know your model, i only see in the pic one bone in the mid?!?!?
Yes, it only exports one bone in the mid! And that bone "drags" the whole mesh into a ball - as the mesh is bound to the skeleton.

I think it has to do with my export settings. Been playing around with them, exporting .daes of different size. One animation worked when opened directly from modelview but when I opened the original model and added the animation it became a ball again.
Lol. I got it to work - and I don't even remember the export settings on the animation Sad Bah. Will have to repeat the whole process on the next model.
hmm okay, one thing dont rely on the modelviewer, i could not open my rigged char with animations in modelviewer. I had to set all the animations as the original in the modeleditor, after that i can open my char in the modelviewer. if all works in modeleditor so it should working in the game.