Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Main Menu Loading Screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I want to put in my own loading screen to replace the main menu loading screen, not the ones between maps, but the one before the main menu loads up.

Any idea besides replacing the file?
pre_menu.cfg should have it.

Nevermind it doesn't, hmmm...
(05-19-2011, 05:04 AM)MrBigzy Wrote: [ -> ]pre_menu.cfg should have it.

Nevermind it doesn't, hmmm...

Yeah, don't think there's a way without replacing the original. Sad
cant you just make one but have the original saved like copy and paste it but keep it in a safe place like in your documents
(05-19-2011, 05:31 AM)vcplz Wrote: [ -> ]cant you just make one but have the original saved like copy and paste it but keep it in a safe place like in your documents

I could, but that's the hassle if I distribute my mod. It'll overwrite the other person's file. Don't really want that, unless I wanted to be a jerk.
read up on resources.cfg Wink
(05-19-2011, 06:27 AM)xiphirx Wrote: [ -> ]read up on resources.cfg Wink
I checked out the resources.cfg, couldn't find anything but the directories for the resources of the game.
If you are to change one single image, which is menu_loading_screen.jpg, I suggest you to change the original. Playing with resources.cfg will require you to put all other files in it too.

I've already changed dozens of original game files in sake of a total conversion. You should provide backup for people though.
(05-19-2011, 10:13 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: [ -> ]If you are to change one single image, which is menu_loading_screen.jpg, I suggest you to change the original. Playing with resources.cfg will require you to put all other files in it too.

I've already changed dozens of original game files in sake of a total conversion. You should provide backup for people though.

That's what I was thinking on having to do, if I really wanted to change the loading screen, even though it's there for only a split moment. What do you guys think?

Spoiler below!
[Image: 33nvsrr.png]

Throw it in? Yay or nay.
It's a definite YAY for me. Since I liked your work very much, and I love mythology as I mentioned in my review, I'd really like to see this and even would play again to see this in game Big Grin
Pages: 1 2