Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: a question...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is it possible to make a entety to spawn at a area? i don't mean active or unctive i mean that in map editor there is nothing but walls and some areas... but wend i for example collide whit a area.... a monster will spawn on a specific area... why do want to do this like this? well i have my motives... so is it possible to do it?
What's the difference? You can place entities deactivated, then activate specific entity you want to create at that area.

Wiki has something for this.

Code:
void CreateEntityAtArea(string& asEntityName, string& asEntityFile, string& asAreaName, bool abFullGameSave);

Creates an entity at an area.

asEntityName - internal name
asEntityFile - entity to be used + extension .ent
asAreaName - the area to create the entity at
abFullGameSave - determines whether an entity “remembers” its state
(05-26-2011, 01:41 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: [ -> ]What's the difference? You can place entities deactivated, then activate specific entity you want to create at that area.

Wiki has something for this.

Code:
void CreateEntityAtArea(string& asEntityName, string& asEntityFile, string& asAreaName, bool abFullGameSave);

Creates an entity at an area.

asEntityName - internal name
asEntityFile - entity to be used + extension .ent
asAreaName - the area to create the entity at
abFullGameSave - determines whether an entity “remembers” its state

well do you remenber that one time i asked you at youtube how did you made the bilboard disapear from the flash light? but you said it wouldn't work the same way whit a monster? well this is kinda a way to go around that problem... or do you rather see some glowing eyes float in the nothing?

Hmm. I still have some floating billboards. Did you find a workaround?