Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Abduction: Chapter 3 [RELEASE]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
*sigh* Confused
More problems, and I'm sorry if this has been asked / fixed (I'm blind)
I get an error when trying to start the game,
Quote: FATAL ERROR: Could not load script file
'custom_stories/Abduction/custom_stories/Abduction/maps/Ch01/Custom1.hps'!'
main (107,9) : ERR : Expected expression value

I don't think "custom_stories/Abduction/custom_stories/Abduction/" is an appropriate path, but I've no idea how to change that.
I did not get this error starting a brand new Abduction story.

Did you delete the Abduction folder if you had it before? Then extract it there.

Or, you haven't put Abduction folder in the custom_stories folder. Seems to me that that directory is off. Your file placement should look like this:

Amnesia: The Dark Decent - redist - custom_stories - Abduction - (then the files, maps folder etc)

Couldn't recreate the damn backslash on this keyboard...
going off for now, just be sure everything is in its right place.
(06-08-2011, 12:02 AM)Elexyr Wrote: [ -> ]I did not get this error starting a brand new Abduction story.

I can't confirm that error either. I could play through the first part without problems.
I would do what Elexyr said, and delete all Abduction files, and download this:

http://www.mediafire.com/?d3ns3fvcp8p8dcq

That is the most recent update with, as far as I know, no bugs.
(06-08-2011, 12:02 AM)Elexyr Wrote: [ -> ]Amnesia: The Dark Decent - redist - custom_stories - Abduction - (then the files, maps folder etc)
Yep I've deleted and re-downloaded every new version as they've come out.
My directory looks exactly like that. (I'm not a total newb Big Grin) But it seems the file is trying to read a faulty directory.
Hmm... This is bugging me, I really wanted to try this.
Hrmm...I really don't know how to solve a faulty directory. So the game is reading the story, but not actually playing it properly? Because on line 107, there is only one character and that is a {, so it isn't the hps file that is the issue.

Hmmm I feel like I am really missing something. I have never played abduction before and decided to install the full 1.0.2 version. I moved the story to my custom stories folder and started it up. But unlike the videos I've seen I end up in a fight between Alexander and Daniel...could this be chapter 3, am I not installing correctly, or did you just change the beginning?

EDIT: Seems the custom story config was this:

MapsFolder = "maps/Ch03"
StartMap="Finalbattle.map"
StartPos="PlayerStartArea_1"

I edited the file into this:

MapsFolder = "maps/Ch01"
StartMap="Custom1.map"
StartPos="PlayerStartArea_1"

No, that was my mistake that I have fixed, but ModDB has not authroized. You did it correctly, Custom1 is the first map in the series, sorry for the error.
(06-08-2011, 01:30 AM)Anxt Wrote: [ -> ]Hrmm...I really don't know how to solve a faulty directory. So the game is reading the story, but not actually playing it properly? Because on line 107, there is only one character and that is a {, so it isn't the hps file that is the issue.

Sorry about the interval between my responses (busy...)
Yeah, I noticed that it was only a bracket, so that wasn't it. It appears to just be reading the directory incorrectly, for whatever reason...
My friend gave me a save from a little later into the game (I missed a little bit, but oh well) and I can say that I LOVE this mod. Scared me a few times and the puzzles are actually... puzzling.
Nice work Big Grin
So should I download it again now ? Are all the bugs fixed ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25