Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Putting monster model inside the game?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I want to put the little girl model inside the game. It's the model I want to see the most for some reason inside the game Smile

So how would I go about doing it? I tried to import the collada file into the model editor. I recon you have to do something with it inside that one right? Anyway a few problems:

1. How do I figure out how big the model should be?
2. How do I give it a skeleton? (Let's say a grunt skeleton for testing purposes)

Thanks Wink

EDIT: Ok figured out how to make a material, so now I got the girl inside the model editor with texture. Now how do I give her a grunt skeleton and export the file and make it appear inside the game?
you need maya, hmm you can try to use the bones from grunt!? Better would be you rig her and than do the animation
Well I just want to give her the bones of the grunt, since I can't animate very well.
import grunt in maya delet only the mesh, import girl, scale girl that the bones will fit, select bones + select girl mesh, skin/smooth bind,
than model editor, create bodys for the parts of the body, create joints...
than you have a girl doll
using the animation from grunt, hmm change the ending from tha animation files from dae_anim to dae, than you can use the animation, perhaps
That would be done in 15 min...if I had maya >_> Oh well...
hmm yeah, but it would look like shit because of the rig... but you right done in 15mins Dodgy ...
Is maya the only program you can use to create monsters?
(05-27-2011, 12:37 PM)Hermoor Wrote: [ -> ]That would be done in 15 min...if I had maya >_> Oh well...
(02-06-2012, 09:03 PM)Obliviator27 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-27-2011, 12:37 PM)Hermoor Wrote: [ -> ]That would be done in 15 min...if I had maya >_> Oh well...
But that is 2012 and it doesn't support opencollade Smile
You can opt to choose the 2011 version when registering for a student's license. That's what I did =]