Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: hey particle system question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how do i make a particle system custom made or already made to show up at the player's face? like those flies that orbit the player?
Do you mean insanity effects or critters or real particle effects?
Simple process:
1. Import picture of particle
2. Set values for movement etc.

Shall I give more detail?
(05-29-2011, 01:47 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean insanity effects or critters or real particle effects?

i want the player at a point in the game to puke... ya... but i want to show up at the player's location... like the ps_flies_around_head.ps but instead of flies... i want puke Big Grin
(05-29-2011, 04:38 PM)Danarogon Wrote: [ -> ]i want the player at a point in the game to puke... ya... but i want to show up at the player's location... like the ps_flies_around_head.ps but instead of flies... i want puke Big Grin

I planned to do the exact same thing, but I thought I'd go easy on it by fading camera out -> puke sound -> fade in and puke on ground, all controlled with LookAt.
What's the result of CreateParticleSystemAtEntity at "Player"?
It'll probably spawn at the player but won't follow him. There's another PS function for following the player I think; void StartPlayerSpawnPS(string& asSPSFile). Haven't tried it before though.
(05-29-2011, 05:12 PM)MrBigzy Wrote: [ -> ]It'll probably spawn at the player but won't follow him. There's another PS function for following the player I think; void StartPlayerSpawnPS(string& asSPSFile). Haven't tried it before though.

i'll check that has soon has i can!