Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: ladder bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

pikacz

hi guys
in the power room with the big hole in the ground and a ladder there might be a bit of a problem
Spoiler below!
after going down to get the battery (after crashing the box) i climb back up and just when i'm supposed to get off the ladder i fall down from it! it happens in 99% of all cases
Are you releasing the mouse and all that like you should Wink?

/Breaker

pikacz

yep, i only click once to grab
Is it just that ladder or many ladders?
Funny, since it worked perfectly for me.

/Breaker

pikacz

unfortunately not only this ladder Sad all of them
Either you do something wrong, have mixed with the game settings, or it is a bug.
Perhaps restarting the computer and loading the latest save will help. I'm not certain though.

/Breaker
i had it to
i used the jump exploit to get past it (jump+inventroy button on the end of the ladder)
Seems like a confirmed bug then 8/.

/Breaker
A well timed jump usually did the trick for me. I didn't even know about the inventory jump trick, though, so that may work better. It was kind of annoying at first, but once I got a handle on how to time jumping off the latter, it really stopped being an issue. It did however, sort of take away from the immersion factor, since I had to think less about the puzzles and plot and more about how to manipulate the keyboard controls to do what would, in reality, be a very simple task.
I had same thing. I was kinda bored when I got up and then fall down again...
Pages: 1 2