Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: [Solved] Issues with activation code
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
-------------------------------------------
ADMIN: All should be working fine now!
-------------------------------------------

Hi!

After I have typed in my serial number, I'm suppose to get an activation code, eh? But when my computer is trying to reach the server it says that it was "unable to communicate with server".

I'm running Windows XP, so it doesn't have to do with that Vista issue.
By the way, I downloaded Penumbra: Overture from gamersgate.com, but I don't know if it has anything to do with that.

Thanks in advance!
I am afraid this is a Gamers gate issue, please contact their support.

I think the mail adress is:
support@gamersgate.com

Also, might be that the server is temporarly down. So might work later. Also try turning off your firewall.

Hope that helps!
Yeah, I'm having the same issue, too. I've just contacted their support, and am waiting for a response...this is very unfortunate...Sad

If you get a response from them, H4nky, will you please post it to help anyone else with the same issue? Of course, filter out the personal stuffs. Tongue
I've already tried with shutting down the firewall.
Anyway, thanks for the help. I will contact their support.
Same issue here.

Played the demo and loved it so I downloaded the full game today from Gamers Gate and can't activate it Sad
This is very unfortunate to hear and it annoys me since there is nothing I can do really to help either Sad

Worse is that it is eastern now and I am not sure when GamersGate will answer any support mail.

I am hoping this is simply a glitch with the server and that it is working again very soon.
Just some basic reasoning, here...so far, at least two of the complaints I have heard are from people who (like myself) ordered Overture from gamersgate.com today. I was looking through the forums earlier, and did not happen to see any threads about connection issues, aside from this thread.

So, either a) if there are other threads that I might have missed, the problem has been going on for a while, or (what I think is more likely) b) they are experiencing server downtime, or otherwise just a hiccup in the system.

Of course, I most definitely hope that it is the latter, as I really look foward to playing this game soon. Smile

H4nky, did you order Overture within the past 12 hours or so?
TheCollective15:
There have not other such complaints until today I think. Other than some epople have problem with 64 bit Vista.

Hopefully it will be up soon and I hope you will enjoy the game then Smile
Yes, I downloaded it today. You're probably right about the server. We'll just have to patiently wait until easter is over.

Happy easter!
Same problem here. This is pretty frustrating. Once again, copy protection is stopping legitimate users from using software, and the pirated copy users have in all likelihood bypassed this security feature already.
Pages: 1 2 3 4