Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: shaking room?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't figure out how to make the effect "shaking room".
You pass a scrip and then a room starts shaking and some monster sound starts playing. I have no clue what my script should contain O_O
StartScreenShake(How much it should shake... just test some, How long it should shake, how much time till shaking on full power, How much time till from full power shaking to 0);
the first thing "How much it should shake... just test some" for cave in I prefer 2.
For some room shaking make it just 0.5f to 1.0f max.
Code:
StartScreenShake("10.0", "999.0f", "2.0f", "2.0f");
And I get this error "FATAL ERROR: Could no tload script file 'custom_stories/.../maps/nms1.hps'!. Main (203, 1): ERR : No matching signatures to 'StartScreenShake(string@&, string@&, string@&, string@&)'"

Btw, thanks for helping me Smile
(06-11-2011, 03:00 PM)xtron Wrote: [ -> ]
Code:
StartScreenShake("10.0", "999.0f", "2.0f", "2.0f");
And I get this error "FATAL ERROR: Could no tload script file 'custom_stories/.../maps/nms1.hps'!. Main (203, 1): ERR : No matching signatures to 'StartScreenShake(string@&, string@&, string@&, string@&)'"

Btw, thanks for helping me Smile
Don't put the numbers in quotation marks, as that is passing in a string of the digits, as opposed to numbers which the function expects.
Nevermind!!! I just deleted the ' " " ' and it worked...stupid me.

thanks tho
For the people who want screen shaks. 10.0f is TOOOO MUCH!!!
Hahaha
That's true u shouldn't take 10
That's why i said I prefer 2.0 or 0.5 to 1.0 maximum
Anything past 0.5f makes my head explode. It means the camera shakes 0.5 meters sideways/up & down. And if you're at 10...Yeah that's one heck of a headache you'll get.
i preffer 0.01 - 0.10 :O. 1.0+ and you can't aim.
I go for 0.002 - 0.005. I really don't enjoy excessive shaking haha.