Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Moving Items
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do you move an item once you have it picked up. For example - I have a barrel that is on it's side and I want to move it upright. How do I put the barrel back upright? Idk how else to explain it.
I dont think its possible but you can try ,?PropInpulse?,I think yet I am almost certainly wrong or you can use SetEntityPlayerInteractCallback and SetEntityActive so when barrel1 (which is on its side) is touched barrel 2 (upright) will activate and barrel 1 will deactivate.
The activate method will look wierd tho and the PropInpulse method will make the barrel go flying through the air unless you spend hours to get it just right. Smile
I'm not sure he was talking about code, I know that if you hold 'R' while picking something up, you can rotate it.
Take a look at your game options?
Standard is 'R'.
LOL sorry I had no Idea you were talking about in game,I guess I should have looked under the catagory first In that case R
I can't get the rotate function to work; I've manged to complete Amnesia twice anyway but getting out of the first room in Justine without it really tried my patience.

Am I doing it right; grab and hold as normal, hold down the R key and then rotate using the mouse?

Any advice is greatfully recieved.