Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: 6970 LOW FPS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I bought amnesia on prerelease and played as soon as it came out. Best horror game I have ever played. I played it on my old i5/5850 crossfire set up on single screen 1920x1080. It had good fps on high settings with vsync on. Now I am trying to play the dlc and will want to do the whole game over but I am having troubles with fps.

I upgraded a few minus ago to a 2600k/6970. It runs at 4.5ghz and 960/1540 stock volt. I have eyefinity 5670x1080 and it runs smooth on high without vsync but screen tear is horrible. When I turn on vsync it lags like crazy. Even on 1920x1080 low settings it lags with vsync! My system is much more powerfull than my old i5/5850. Is it lagging due to the 6970 and the drivers? I have tried d3doverider and ccc vsync but they also kill the fps. Do I need to reinstall the game? I got it off of steam do I need to use a cracked version? Does anyone have any ideas?

I love this game and really want to play it again

Try to disable smoothing. Also, don't full SSAO.
Set the SSAO-Samples not over "8".
Higher values above "16" will slow down the game immense!

I hope, all values above 16 will get removed with further updates.
settings on low disable everything and still lags with vsync. I can['t believe it cannot handle vsync
(06-12-2011, 08:48 PM)onthemour Wrote: [ -> ]settings on low disable everything and still lags with vsync. I can['t believe it cannot handle vsync

Did you disable mouse smoothing and/or edge smoothing?
Guys, But what SSAO truly do? I tried with medium - 16 and High - 64 there isn't so much difference Undecided
Just a lot of lag.
I have everything disabled ssao, smoothing ect. I get a 30 fps cap with vsync but most of then time i get around 20-25 fps laggy crap. Without vsync its 60 fps but the tear makes the game unplayable.

Right now my game is unplayable! Sad
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/ar...25509.html

I found out this discussion. I don't know if it helps but try to read it Wink
I'm reinstalling through steam and then I will try skidrows

So far no solution
no tears with fullscreen off and vsync off. I will hide the taskbar and use transparent borders with black wall paper. Sucks I have to do this but at least now I can play it! yay eyefinity

Pages: 1 2