Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: .cfg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How can I open and edit a .cfg file?
Open it with notepad. :/
Oh... heh heh...

Other beginner questions:

- How do I move the camera in the editor? I don't need to know how to rotate it, I know how to do that, I need to know how to move the point that the camera rotates around.

- How do I turn off the ambient lighting in the editor (the light that is already there when you create a new map)?

Thanks!
Alt + MMB
Message is too short but not anymore.
(06-12-2011, 10:52 PM)Funman Wrote: [ -> ]Oh... heh heh...

Other beginner questions:

- How do I move the camera in the editor? I don't need to know how to rotate it, I know how to do that, I need to know how to move the point that the camera rotates around.

- How do I turn off the ambient lighting in the editor (the light that is already there when you create a new map)?

Thanks!

The tool bar on the bottom for the ambient light effects, on the right of the magnet looking button.

Strange, I didn't see the last question, did you edit your post or something? Maybe Amnesia drove me crazy :\
Yeah, I edited it. Smile

Also, I knew that Alt + MMB moved the camera because I read about on that site with all the tools, but it doesn't seem to do anything for me, so I figured there was another way to do it. Is there a specific way you have to control it, or what?
(06-13-2011, 05:06 PM)Funman Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I edited it. Smile

Also, I knew that Alt + MMB moved the camera because I read about on that site with all the tools, but it doesn't seem to do anything for me, so I figured there was another way to do it. Is there a specific way you have to control it, or what?

You're holding it down while dragging, right? Or are you sure your MMB even works at all?
I think it may be that in Windows 7 when you click the MMB a little window opens that allows you to switch between programs/pages on the internet that you have open. When you do this, it disables controlling whatever you have open. I'll have to find a way to turn off that feature.
I got win 7 and alt + mouse1, 2 and 3 is working in editor.
Pages: 1 2