Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia Story
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok.

I haven't played Amnesia yet.
I'm going to do a blind playthrough of it once I've finished one or two of my current Let's Plays. I don't want to play it before then.

But I really want to play Amnesia.
I was wondering if there is any good, long DLC's/Addons that don't relate to the actual Amnesia story or spoil it.
Is there any?

I'm thinking La Caza. Will that spoil Amnesia's story for me when I come to play it or not? And how long has it reportedly taken to play?

If you've got any suggestions please let me know.
Cheers guys.
Why not play Amnesia first and get familiar with gameplay mechanics, enemies, characters, atmosphere?
Because I want to play it for the first time when I do the playthrough otherwise it's not going to be genuine.

I just want an alternative to play for now to quench my thirst Tongue
(06-16-2011, 11:01 PM)Krimbo Wrote: [ -> ]Because I want to play it for the first time when I do the playthrough otherwise it's not going to be genuine.

I just want an alternative to play for now to quench my thirst Tongue

My advice would be to go through the unfinished Let's plays and then focus on playing the Amnesia singleplayer. To my knowledge, there aren't really that many good and lengthy custom stories out yet.. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
I probably will end up doing that :/
Even though I'd like to do a Let's Play of it.

I head La Caza was really good and long.
I'm not sure if it will ruin Amnesia's story though.
(06-16-2011, 11:45 PM)Krimbo Wrote: [ -> ]I probably will end up doing that :/
Even though I'd like to do a Let's Play of it.

I head La Caza was really good and long.
I'm not sure if it will ruin Amnesia's story though.

Well, I just checked the La Caza out, and it's not going to spoil the story at all. But, it's going to feel a bit strange to play Amnesia after playing a custom story. The monsters etc. are usually used too much in custom stories, when in Amnesia they are used in a more subtle way. It may ruin the effect of the monsters for the main game/you may act differently in the main game because your first touch to the game was a custom story. The custom story is built differently. But in the end, it really is a choice of yours and yours only whether to play the custom story first or not.
Ok. Well thanks for the advice.
I'm not sure what to do still though haha.

Cheers
Ok.
I've decided I'm going to start playing Amnesia tonight on my own.
I'm so excited.
Hurry up midnight Wink