Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: What's wrong with this simple script.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've just copied the sample script from the wiki and added something to it as per instructional video but when I try to run the game after this alteration I get
Quote:(15,1) unexpected token "{"
error.

Code:
////////////////////////////
// Run first time starting map
void OnStart()
{
AddUseItemCallback("", "TestKey_1", "castle_arched_no_grav01_1", "KeyOnDoor", true);
    //Add the Lantern and 10 Tinderboxes when in Debug mode, always good to have light!
    if(ScriptDebugOn())
    {
        GiveItemFromFile("lantern", "lantern.ent");

for(int i=0;i<10;i++) GiveItemFromFile("tinderbox_"+i, "tinderbox.ent");
    }
}
void KeyOnDoor(string &in asItem, string &in asEntity);
{
SetSwingDoorLocked("castle_arched_no_grav01_1", false, true);
PlaySoundAtEntity("", "unlock_door", "castle_arched_no_grav01_1", 0, false);
RemoveItem("TestKey_1");
}
// Run when entering map
void OnEnter()
{

}

// Run when leaving map
void OnLeave()
{

}
void KeyOnDoor(string &in asItem, string &in asEntity);

Take off the ; at the end.
Thank you. That got it working and yay my key unlocks its door, this monumental feat calls for cigars and bubbly.

Now I guess I missed the meaning of ; somewhere, if it's not a terribly complicated explanation why was that putting the brakes on things?
(06-20-2011, 01:05 PM)JD Zombie Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you. That got it working and yay my key unlocks its door, this monumental feat calls for cigars and bubbly.

Now I guess I missed the meaning of ; somewhere, if it's not a terribly complicated explanation why was that putting the brakes on things?

From my understanding semi-colons are used at the end of commands rather than functions. So it was treating it like a command, then seeing the open bracket after it made it cause the error.