Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Dev_user mode?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys.

I am trying EVERYTHING to try and get my map to load in game, so I can run around and see it from player perspective. But I just can't get it to load, if I try making it a custom story, no matter what, it won't show.

If I try running it as dev_user, following the steps in the tutorial, I also get nothing, well I get error messages, the first one was;

Failed to read config!

Then I realised I had two of the following commands, AllowQuickSave and DebugMenuOn (or something) in the config, so I removed those, now I'm getting;

Failed to load world custom_stories/MansionTest/Mansion.map

This happens no matter where I have the map for some reason, any ideas? Can post my user and settings configs if that helps anyone?

Many thanks.
Most probably your path to your map file in user_settings.cfg is wrong.
(06-20-2011, 04:25 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: [ -> ]Most probably your path to your map file in user_settings.cfg is wrong.

Could you link the line for me at all?

<Map File="Mansion.map" Folder="maps/ptest/" StartPos="" />

Thats mine

Thanks again!
<Map File="Mansion.map" Folder="custom_stories/MansionTest/" StartPos="" />

That should work, but remember putting the map files into maps folder would be better. Like maps/MansionTest/Mansion.map
Thanks for that! Will give it a try in a min or two, silly question before I do, do you need the map_cache there too?
No, game will automatically cache maps.
Nevermind! Got it working! Thanks so much for the help!