Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: [Paracusia] A new game, i am working on, inspired by amnesia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
(07-14-2011, 10:08 PM)BlueFury Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-14-2011, 01:41 PM)Arvuti Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-11-2011, 02:40 PM)BlueFury Wrote: [ -> ]what do you guys want as the main menu
a camera that flies through an old hallway with torches
or paper with drawings, sketches and words like 'help'
something else maybe

I really doubt that you should already be designing main menus when you are still in early development.

uhh no, its smarter to create the game first, cuz the menu background will probably be a cam flying through the game

That's what I am saying, the menu design should be worried about much later. You have definetly bigger priorities right now, like finding a suitable development team, getting the engine to work, getting the games assets done, decide upon the final story, plan the game out etc.

And why couldnt the menu be something simple, like amnesias menu ?
Amnesia's menu is a camera in the gameword, it's just not 'flying through'.
1st: I don't see the point of announcing this in this forums, I'd take it as advertising.
2nd: A game like Amnesia in 2012 would be too crappy, if you think otherwise check other games of 2012, or give a sneak peak on HPL3.
3rd: As things are as they are, could you place something as a completion percentage?
(07-13-2011, 06:25 PM)BlueFury Wrote: [ -> ]guitar? not really
its around 1800
piano

how about the voice acting? (if grunting/growling/speaking with death metal voice... needed?Huh)
(07-15-2011, 08:31 PM)nemesis567 Wrote: [ -> ]1st: I don't see the point of announcing this in this forums, I'd take it as advertising.

Because he was looking for other talented people to help with development (story writing, programming, voice acting, etc).
(07-15-2011, 08:31 PM)nemesis567 Wrote: [ -> ]3rd: As things are as they are, could you place something as a completion percentage?

why, that will dissapoint people if im stuck on something and creating a game is not something you will just do, its hard and most of you here complaining dont even know how hard it is
(07-16-2011, 06:49 PM)Xanatos Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-15-2011, 08:31 PM)nemesis567 Wrote: [ -> ]1st: I don't see the point of announcing this in this forums, I'd take it as advertising.

Because he was looking for other talented people to help with development (story writing, programming, voice acting, etc).

and because the people who play these games are on this forum
you want to see this on a doom3 forum?
(07-15-2011, 07:29 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote: [ -> ]Amnesia's menu is a camera in the gameword, it's just not 'flying through'.

i think the castle in the background with snow would be a good idea
If you're talking about me, you're wrong.
No, I want to see this in your own forums.
@BlueFury: Your PM inbox is full, apparently. Could you clear some space in there?
sorrry for that
done now
(07-17-2011, 11:50 PM)nemesis567 Wrote: [ -> ]If you're talking about me, you're wrong.
No, I want to see this in your own forums.

Even if he is advertising, what is so bad about that? He's making a game, and wanted to find people to help as well as let people who might be interested in another horror game (and there are plenty on this forum) know, that he is making one and it might be worth their time. Waltzing around the off-topic forum, telling people what to post doesn't make much sense to me...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12