Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: [Paracusia] A new game, i am working on, inspired by amnesia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Damn it, I knew you were gonna add weapons... I hate horror games with guns, honestly, if you have a gun and a monster is after you I wouldn't be scared, I know I'm not screwed, I can kill him. That takes like 99,9% of the horror away. This is my honest opinion, if you want to add weapons then add them, it's your game.
Cool game ideas, and I have a suggestion. Maybe include A GUN, but with perhaps only three bullets through the entire game. It will be your little baby that you will carry onto, and try to spare your bullets as much you can. So if you use one, you CAN (maybe) kill a monster, but then that's it. No more bullets, and the others would probably hear that or something as well. If you had a source of fighting back THAT limited, I don't think it would detract from the horror, but in fact add, because every time you would use a bullet, you would feel dread incoming, because you screw yourself with less ammo and such. Also, a lighting idea. Don't have TOO many lighting options, because then it will seen to abundant and the oh so important darkness wouldn't be too much of an issue. It should also invoke a feeling of dread when your lights go out, but if you just have back ups, that really doesn't do anything. I hope someone sees what I'm saying here; I think it sounds pretty cool. =P But also, it's your game so you do whatever, these are just some suggestions. You just have to remember, you can't overdo ANYTHING.
whi, in your description it says "released on december" ?
(06-29-2011, 11:38 AM)skypeskype Wrote: [ -> ]whi, in your description it says "released on december" ?

he plans on releasing it in december, he's putting a decent amount of freetime in it, i think he can do it Smile
I'm skeptical but wish him the best.
yeah im releasing it in december, maybe its done in september. then i will make some good teaser trailers and like that u know. i dont want to delay it
if it doesnt come out in december then i didnt quit, too late now!
school, weather, technical issues & members who are leaving
shit happens
(06-29-2011, 01:53 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote: [ -> ]I'm skeptical but wish him the best.

ty
For anyone worrying about there being weapons just look at Nightmare House 1/2. They had weapons and it was still pretty scary. Most being jump scares in the first but the 2nd had way less jump scares. This game, of course, won't have the type of fear that Amnesia and Penumbra had. It will have different methods to scare people with. I say the weapons, if used properly, won't decrease from the horror but add a new element all together.
Also F.E.A.R 1 pulled it off very well too.
(07-01-2011, 07:12 PM)Fidofidder Wrote: [ -> ]Also F.E.A.R 1 pulled it off very well too.

Nope. It had massive awesome gunfights, and then a little girl appeared in a corner after every other fight.
this game will also have poltergeists, these types of ghosts are able to make stuff fly and will probably scare you alot.
Example:
You walk through a door, 2 metres after you walked through the door and closed it, it will suddenly go open again or the ghosts will blow the torches off in a big hallway
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12