Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Changing Portraits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I found something on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4q1EKPba...re=related

I remember the portrait of Alexander, who have two different faces in the study chamber.

I wanted to see more kind of such "changing" in the next game. Not only paintings, but if things were changing in the game, it is very creepy and makes a good horror effect.

What u think?
When i first started playing Amnesia I was under the impression that all the paintings would change depending on sanity, but after 80+ hours I've found nothing but the Alexander painting to change -.-
You have to look VERY carefully, but the other paintings to change! It's very subtle and I was surprised when I first noticed it on my first playthrough. In the paintings, peoples faces turn to skulls, that's the main difference I remember noticing. Small things like that are really cool to find. Not sure what sanity level you need to be at though, probably "head aching / pounding"
All paintings do change like Bek stated. Just look closely enough
(06-23-2011, 03:59 AM)Serena Wrote: [ -> ]When i first started playing Amnesia I was under the impression that all the paintings would change depending on sanity, but after 80+ hours I've found nothing but the Alexander painting to change -.-

Yep, same here. They were supposed to change because of sanity level, but for me, some of them never change (Alexander's one for example). I dunno why.

Weird.