Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Download refuses to finish
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just purchased Amnesia today, and have gone to the "shelf" as it is called to download it, and when i click on the link "Download Win" the dialog box came up with the open/save/cancel, i press Open, and nothing happens. I retry, attempting to save the .zip folder to my desktop, and it works successfully for the slightly rediculous download time of 2 hours... UNTIL, it reaches roughly 60%. Then, it stops downloading and another dialog box appears, stating that Amnesia couldn't finish downloading--the server was reset. Then, i tried again, this time waiting three hours and forty minutes. It works, yet again, until 2 minutes and 56 seconds are remaining. At this point, the error occurs again.

I've scoured the forums for a solution, and have only seen 1 thread, where the only support offered is something along the lines of "You must not have bought it". I can assure you that this isn't the problem, as i just bought it from the FG store.

I'd be really happy if someone could help me with this problem, as i've been waiting quite a while to be able to play this game.

EDIT; After attempting to download again, it works for ~an hour, then the same error occurs.

I don't know what to do at this point.
This is pretty strange. What browser are you using? Do you have anybody else on your Internet connection?
you should ask Jens for such problems, his profile is this(pm him):

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/user-1.html
This might be a case of a bad internet connection.
You could try to use a download manager like FDM.
Link: Here
It might fix the problem.