Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Custom sound won't work.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried to add a custom sound, it works fine with the suitor from Justine but this one doesn't. I made a new map inside of sounds called "custom" ( I added the custom folder in both custom_stories/WEhRTY/sounds/ and redist/sounds/ ). I copied a .snt and renamed it and edited it to the custom sounds benefit and when I go ingame and pass the area it wont play o.O.

Any ideas?

Here's my code....
Code:
void func_play_sound1(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
PlaySoundAtEntity("Scary01", "Scary01.snt", "Player", 1.0f, false);
}

please help XD
You sure the code doesn't have to be like this:

void func_play_sound1(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
PlaySoundAtEntity("korven01", "korven01.snt", "korv", 1.0f, false);
}

? XD
the "player" is where it should be plaied XD so...I want it to be plaied at the Player. Not at the korv hahahaha
(06-27-2011, 01:59 PM)xtron Wrote: [ -> ]the "player" is where it should be plaied XD so...I want it to be plaied at the Player. Not at the korv hahahaha

lol
bump, I realy need help with this :/
hey xtron, how did you convert your sound file to .snt? i can only convert mine to .ogg
i have audacity ect

and idk how to help you Big Grin
Have you written this in your .snt file yet?

Spoiler below!

<SOUNDENTITY>
<SOUNDS>
<Main>
<Sound File="close_door" />
</Main>
</SOUNDS>
<PROPERTIES Volume="1" MinDistance="0.5" MaxDistance="12" Random="1" Interval="0" FadeEnd="False" FadeStart="False" Stream="False" Loop="False" Use3D="True" Blockable="False" BlockVolumeMul="0.5" Priority="0" />
</SOUNDENTITY>

Sound file should be the .ogg file.
(06-27-2011, 08:56 PM)SLAMnesia Wrote: [ -> ]hey xtron, how did you convert your sound file to .snt? i can only convert mine to .ogg
i have audacity ect

and idk how to help you Big Grin

just copy like amb01.snt and rename it and change the sound name XD

@Rojkish

I just copied another .snt file and changed the name of it and the sound name in the file.