Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: 3rd Person Camera
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi everyone

I wanna know how change the first person camera of Overture, to have an 3rd person camera.

Where did you get the idea that you can have a 3rd person camera in Overture?
3rd person? Like...seeing your character move or something? Of course this is not possible because your character does not exist. Normally it is just a hand or something. Not possible...
It's not possible.
As stated before, the character you're playing with (Phillip), does not exist in the game.
And even if you'd somehow manage to get the third person to work, you'd only see a floating pick axe and a beef jerky.
from my Brain ^^

I think it's possible

instead of the "hands" attached to the camera, I think we can load a mesh and use the ends of the skeleton (arms) and use it for actions. And the camera must follow this mesh
it is not possible but if you want to spend time on it....good luck! Smile
If you want to rework the game code to support it, it should be doable.. But there's a lot of code you'll have to add in, as the feature was plain never written in.
So let's go to write my ThirdCameraHandler ^^

in the game sources, I have not seen the piece of code that manages the camera, where can i find them ^^
It's player itself, there is no other camera settings in either HPL1 or HPL2.
I hope HPL3 will have this, though.
HPL1 = First person
HPL2 = Second person
HPL3 = Third person

lol.
Pages: 1 2 3