Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: anyone have storage/prison save files?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys so i'm totally loving this game cuz it scares the crud out of my friends and recording their reactions, as well as mine, is hilarious. any way, my main game is right before i first enter the morgue so don't mention anything after that.

but my main reason for posting is if anyone knows or can share a link that starts at the beginning of storage and/or prison? i have some friends that want to try it out. the beginning is scary, i know, but one other group of friends were itching to see what happens in an actual monster encounter (excluding the water monster). and none of that actually happens until after the back hall which is like an hour or two into the game with a hesitant player, so i want to be able to reload those chapters. please and thank you!
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-4825.html

Savegames for every part of the game are there. I would really recommend playing the game normally, though. Skipping around ruins the experience.
Thanks for the link! and yes i understand and don't worry. i'm not skipping ahead. i'm at the sewers right now and i'm only replaying the storage and prison sections until i get passed the sewers... which is really scary!!!
you know i honestly don't get why everyone gets so terrified from the prison... i was scared for the first 4th of it but then i just started getting annoyed because of all the monster encounters and since it is so easy to get lost in the prison. it's like you walk around for about 3 minutes trying to find the next item, hear a monster, and then look for a hiding place. but with almost all of them it just so happened that there was a conveniently placed hiding spot right next to you and the monster was just far enough away that you could get there before he sees you. and then you just wait for the music to stop playing... it just seemed to easy to avoid them, but when i did they didn't go away for like 2 minutes. and for ME at least standing in a room or behind some boxes for 2 minutes when you're trying to search an area isn't very fun. that's why i liked the choir and the sewer, because they were so unpredictable.
(07-23-2011, 09:46 AM)kman Wrote: [ -> ]you know i honestly don't get why everyone gets so terrified from the prison... i was scared for the first 4th of it but then i just started getting annoyed because of all the monster encounters and since it is so easy to get lost in the prison.

I think that's what makes it sorta scary. Personally, I hated my time in the prison, and the fact that I managed to escape was rewarding. What makes a level like this stand out is the fact that you cannot escape unless you go forward, leading to more danger and a stalker. You cannot leave the prison because the elevator crashed down along with your sanity.

Due to my experiences within the prison, I hate custom maps with a prison theme. This being no exception