Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: IRC channel?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just wondering whether there was an IRC channel for the game?

It's nice for reasonably small games (like this one) to have one, as it gives it a community based spirit and also gives the players a chance to have a chat with the developers.

Just a thought.

sin`pl

you can already 'chat' here. this community is very small. what you would talk about? weather? you can simply leave a private message or start new topic, and it won't disapear if you are offline.
sin`pl Wrote:you can already 'chat' here. this community is very small. what you would talk about? weather? you can simply leave a private message or start new topic, and it won't disapear if you are offline.

This forum seems too objective based though.

Too much of it is questioning and stating things about the game. It's not the same.

It doesn't matter anyway, I was just putting an idea out.
Msn/yahoo.
You can't really have group conversations on MSN/Yahoo.

At least not with the ease IRC offers.

But it is of no great consequence.

jetuser

Well since there was a request for this, i've set up a channel in freenode.

If you guys don't know how to set up IRC download mIRC (or an akin irc client) and connect to

Server: irc.freenode.net
Channel: #penumbra

Also if the devs want to pop by just drop me a message after registering your nicks so i can add you to the voice list
im on there now ^^

jetuser

Yup I was away to class but I've added you to the voice list (I think, I can't remember the access levels for freenode)

jetuser

Oh btw Dark, it looks like you havent registered your nick on freenode?

if you did let me know what you registered under and i'll add it to the list
i registered under DarkRaver Smile
Pages: 1 2