Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Need A New Horror Game For PC.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(07-03-2011, 02:53 AM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Silent Hill

You're kidding right?

He may have already played the acclaimed Silent Hill games, or perhaps he doesn't fancy the controls.

Quote:Dead Space

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Dead Space

Dead Space is action horror, a la Resident Evil. Some serious shit going down in the story, but it's not very effective when you have an arsenal of hard-hitting guns to kick mutant ass.
They might not be horror games, more like mystery quests. But the "x days a xxx" are very good adventure games, also the Trilby games are pretty good. The developer is none more than Ben 'Yahtzee' (Zero Punctuation).
"Candles" and "PHOBIA - The Fear of The Darkness" are quite similar as the Amnesia
(07-03-2011, 04:49 PM)Unearthlybrutal Wrote: [ -> ]"Candles" and "PHOBIA - The Fear of The Darkness" are quite similar as the Amnesia

/downloads both and whistles innocently.

Thank you for those suggestions!
(07-02-2011, 07:52 PM)Lee Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-02-2011, 07:06 PM)Fomzo Wrote: [ -> ]Do not try FEAR 3 or any other FEAR games. Also, Afraid of Monsters is bad.

Fixed that for you

Try Mistake-1. Jump scares sometimes. Oppressive and lonely atmosphere all the time.

Sorry man, but I find FEAR 1 and the first two expansions briliant.
(07-03-2011, 06:07 AM)Lee Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Silent Hill

You're kidding right?

He may have already played the acclaimed Silent Hill games, or perhaps he doesn't fancy the controls.

Quote:Dead Space

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Dead Space

Dead Space is action horror, a la Resident Evil. Some serious shit going down in the story, but it's not very effective when you have an arsenal of hard-hitting guns to kick mutant ass.

Dead Space is still horror though, I'm not saying it's scary, but it's definitely horrifying a lot of the time

He asked for horror, if he wants something scary, then I'd probably recommend something else
Korsakovia, a HL2 Mod.
Try Littlest Pet Shop. I hear it's horrific.
Big Rigs: Over the road racing.

It is so buggy as horribilant.
Just tried Mistake-1, really good mod, I totally recommend it. It's pretty short though.
Pages: 1 2 3