Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Advice on some graphics cards to play Amnesia.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just bought Amnesia digitally, and i was so psyched to play it. Unfortunately, the fps im getting is none to be desired, making the game pretty much unplayable, even though i also got penumbra and i was able to play that just fine (a little bit choppy still, but nothing too serious) So i decided it was time to look for a new graphics card, mine being a nvidia geforce 6150se nforce 430 (yes, i updated my drivers). A friend of mine suggested, based on my specs, that i buy a nvidia geforce 9500 GT, and that it will run a newer game fine. Can anybody maybe testify for or against this? And if against, any other ideas that are available? (My budgets around $150, so nothing too high-end please) Much appreciated.

Specs: Windows 7, 2048 MB RAM, 1.9 GHz AMD Phenom 8250e triple core, integrated RAMDAC. Anything im missing just let me know, thanks again.
for 150 you can get a very good graphics card for this game. For example for 149 euros(which in $ should be less) you can get a MSI GTX 460 OC (PCI-Express, GDDR5, 1GB).

(all the modern games will play but no guaranties of course, this is important!)
Thanks, any advice on the graphics card my friend recommended?

Geforce 9500 GT is old and weak compared to GTX 460. The card he recommended you costs arround 45$ nowadays and it useless. Go for the MSI GTX 460 at 140$. You will be more than ok.
Thanks alot, and you're sure it'll run based on my specs?
Well the system looks fine, the cpu is a liitle-bit low(1.9GHz is low nowadays) but the game will certainly work just fine. I can be sure if you show me an dxdiag log here(Start > Run > dxdiag)