Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia does not launch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After launching the game from Steam, the launcher comes up and everything seems fine. I hit launch, and the game seems to be working, but then it suddenly crashed. I've tried my hardest to update all my drivers, but that doesn't seem to fix it. Help would be greatly appreciated.
Please update your graphic driver. It currently supports OpenGL 2.0.1 but Amnesia needs 2.1
If your graphic card doesn't support OpenGL 2.1 you cannot play the game.
(07-10-2011, 03:22 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: [ -> ]Please update your graphic driver. It currently supports OpenGL 2.0.1 but Amnesia needs 2.1
If your graphic card doesn't support OpenGL 2.1 you cannot play the game.

There's an update for it somewhere, but I can't find it. NVIDIA tells me to go to dell, but I downloaded the one from dell and that's what I have right now
it doesn't have to do with any update. Your card supports up to OpenGL 2.0.1 when the game requires at least OpenGL 2.1. You have to buy a new graphics card.
(07-10-2011, 11:14 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]it doesn't have to do with any update. Your card supports up to OpenGL 2.0.1 when the game requires at least OpenGL 2.1. You have to buy a new graphics card.

I'm using a Dell Inspiron 9300, suggestions for new graphics card? Or would it just be easier to get a whole new PC?
the pc is slow and ancient. Buy a new one.