Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: iphone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hey just wondering i'm new to the forum and i bought and finish all penumbra and amnsia and i tought i was the greatest game ever jst wondering are wegonna see amnesia or penumba on the iphone or maybe ipad..........that could be great i think tell me what you think
There's no way that amnesia could be ran on Smartphones as of today. Consoles; possibly in the future. Cell phones; not in a long time.

I wouldn't really want to play the games on an iPhone either. You wouldn't be as immersed.
(07-12-2011, 02:15 PM)Roenlond Wrote: [ -> ]There's no way that amnesia could be ran on Smartphones as of today. Consoles; possibly in the future. Cell phones; not in a long time.

I wouldn't really want to play the games on an iPhone either. You wouldn't be as immersed.

i think that you are probobly right on that we won't be as immersed....but i think that iphone as very good potential imy tought on dead space for example is a pretty cool game with some pretty good graphic as well
Though dead space is in no way comparable to Amnesia, they're two entirely different games. Dead Space is an fps with some scary parts, while Amnesia is ten times as scary. Playing on a small screen with touch controls will never be as effective and scary as controlling the game with your keyboard and mouse.

Considering Dead Space is published by a huge company, they can afford to create an iPhone port of the game while Amnesia is created by a team small enough to fit in a car and the budget is thereafter. A console version is possible but an iPhone version would just be negative for the player and company, in my opinion.
(07-12-2011, 02:07 PM)zecuro Wrote: [ -> ]hey just wondering i'm new to the forum and i bought and finish all penumbra and amnsia and i tought i was the greatest game ever jst wondering are wegonna see amnesia or penumba on the iphone or maybe ipad..........that could be great i think tell me what you think

Before Frictional puts their games on the iPhone I think you need to hire a Grammar tutor.
@Brennen: That was so uncalled for.

On-topic: I actually like this idea, the controls seem fit for it and the iPhone could certainly run on an iPhone if tweaked a bit. Hell, even UE3 runs on the iPhone.

@Roenlond: "Playing on a small screen with touch controls will never be as effective and scary as controlling the game with your keyboard and mouse". That's very independent, I for one can immerse myself in iPhone games with no problems at all and I would gladly play Amnesia or Penumbra on the iPhone if they ever get released to the platform.
(07-13-2011, 09:20 PM)nackidno Wrote: [ -> ]@Brennen: That was so uncalled for.

On-topic: I actually like this idea, the controls seem fit for it and the iPhone could certainly run on an iPhone if tweaked a bit. Hell, even UE3 runs on the iPhone.

@Roenlond: "Playing on a small screen with touch controls will never be as effective and scary as controlling the game with your keyboard and mouse". That's very independent, I for one can immerse myself in iPhone games with no problems at all and I would gladly play Amnesia or Penumbra on the iPhone if they ever get released to the platform.

Sure, it's independent, but don't you agree that it won't be nearly as good? Your fingers are blocking parts of the screen, the screen itself is smaller than a monitor and the sound is sub-par at best. Of course, you can use an external monitor and a headset on an iPhone as well but then we have the worse graphics which are required to run the game on an iPhone. I know that graphics are very irrelevant when it comes to functionality of a game, but it just wouldn't be as scary if the monsters and environments were all in low-resolution with weird animations and lightning.

I'm not saying that an iPhone port is impossible, just that it's extremely unlikely to happen as of right now.
Of course it's not as good, but it's not bad either. I can play on a small screen with my fingers blocking parts of the screen with no problems. I've played games with worse control schemes than that. That said, I don't think the iPhone control will be much of a hassle for me. Then again, that's how I feel, if you find it hard to play on the iPhone, then you probably shouldn't get the port, although (just like you say) a port to the touch devices is extremely unlikely, it's still a nice thought and I would gladly experience both Penumbra and Amnesia on a touch device.
If they developed and released something specifically for the iOS, that could easily work, although I think it would need to be less a port of Amnesia and more something like Penumbra:Requiem, more about puzzle solving in discrete levels, since that lends itself much better to the mobile game environment.
To people saying that they aren't powerful enough, need to look at infinity blade. If it was done with not so large levels then a more puzzle based game would work pretty good to be honest.

Iphone is capable of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDvPIhCd8N4 and ipad is capable even more.
Pages: 1 2