Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Movement issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having a very odd problem.  For some reason when I try to walk, it locks up.  Even when the key isn't pressed, it still keeps walking, and I can't do anything else.

It isn't my keyboard, because I've tried playing other games, and I've tried changing the controls.

I don't want to reinstall the game, as I'm too far into it.

*edit* I apologize. This was posted in the tech demo section. That's the wrong one. I'm playing Penumbra: overture.
You might want to read this topic if you haven't, for it sounds...somewhat similar to your situation. If that link does not help, I am sure a moderator will help you out. Smile

http://frictionalgames.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=751

[EDIT] Here is another similar post, although it will not help you rectify your problems to such a degree as the former...

http://frictionalgames.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=746
Hi there.
Does this thing always happen to you? When and where exactly does it happen? And does restarting the game fix it?
allso, show us your hpl.log file and try to delete settings.cfg (or config.cfg) in my documents/episode 1
I don't know when it started, but it's most starting to effect me at the chase with the
Spoiler below!
giant worm

When I start a new game, though, It still does this.  The tech demo, however, works fine.

edit--
log deleted, served its purpose
i dont see anything unusual
maybe the *.ent files but im not sure, thomas needs to verify this then XD
Does this lock-up occur for just a second? If so it could be a driver related issue. I had this error in Vampire: The Masquerade where I was walking and it continued walking for half a second, and when I DOWNGRADED my drivers I got it to work.

Perhaps this could apply here as well?

/Breaker
Willbreaker Wrote:Does this lock-up occur for just a second? If so it could be a driver related issue. I had this error in Vampire: The Masquerade where I was walking and it continued walking for half a second, and when I DOWNGRADED my drivers I got it to work.

Perhaps this could apply here as well?

/Breaker

It usually lasts from a second to maybe 10. It seems kind of random.
Have you tried downgrading your video drivers?

/Breaker
Not sure what happened, but it looks like the problem has been fixed. Thanks.