Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Unlocking an elevator door
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys i needs some help on unlocking an elevator door
Heres the code i put in

in void onstart:
Code:
AddUseItemCallback("", "hollow_needle_1", "elevator_door", "unlock_elevator_door", true);

Below void onstart:
Code:
void unlock_elevator_door(string &in asItem, string &in asEntity)
{
    SetSwingDoorLocked("elevator_door", false, true);
    PlaySoundAtEntity("", "unlock_door", "elevator_door", 0, false);
}
And when i use my hollow needle on the elevator door ingame it says cant use this item this way!

Please help!
Thanks,
TheDavenia
Are you sure that you are using "hollow_needle_1" to unlock the elevator door? If you have a different one, then that's why.

You are also forgetting the .snt on the unlock_door sound file.

PlaySoundAtEntity("", "unlock_door.snt", "elevator_door", 0, false);
Does it really work unlocking the elevator doors? I've never really tried.. ^_^

(07-18-2011, 03:49 PM)Kyle Wrote: [ -> ]You are also forgetting the .snt on the unlock_door sound file.

PlaySoundAtEntity doesnt require you to write the extension (snt in this case), it works either way.

double check needle and door name twice before you try the code out.
I had the same problem but with a dagger.
(07-18-2011, 04:13 PM)rojkish Wrote: [ -> ]Does it really work unlocking the elevator doors? I've never really tried.. ^_^

(07-18-2011, 03:49 PM)Kyle Wrote: [ -> ]You are also forgetting the .snt on the unlock_door sound file.

PlaySoundAtEntity doesnt require you to write the extension (snt in this case), it works either way.

Wow, I didn't know that. Thanks for telling me. Big Grin
(07-18-2011, 03:49 PM)Kyle Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure that you are using "hollow_needle_1" to unlock the elevator door? If you have a different one, then that's why.

You are also forgetting the .snt on the unlock_door sound file.

I'm sure since i copy and pasted the code of the cabinet and changed the name into the elevator door's name and its the same needle that you keep