Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Silent Hill monsters in Amnesia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Oh this would make Amnesia so perfect if it was possible to get Silent Hill monsters in Amnesia. Like all the monsters from Silent Hill 1-4.

Its possible but you would need to re create the models and their animations and script, stuff like that. Until that day comes we can only dream. It would make amnesia way more scarier!
Creating monsters from scratch with original ideas and storylines is much better than to rip off Silent Hill monsters.
Do you really want to have a Pyramid Head chasing after you like a brute?

Most of the monsters can be found as 3D models on the net, even I can extract the models. However, rigging them and using them... Meh, I don't like the idea.

PS. It wouldn't make Amnesia scarier. It would make it a cheap rip off.
Well hmm... it would be awesome if maybe you were making a spin-off Silent Hill story via the HPL2 engine. I'm a huge Silent Hill fan but I'd only prefer to see the monsters used in a total conversion type story that's not just a recreation of the Silent Hill games already made. Now that would be cool.
Maybe Frictional's next game is a remake of Silent Hill on HPL3 engine, hmmm? Talk about wish granted!
Ya I know it would be a rip off, but it would be fun if it was possible, you know, just for kicks. BTW, If the 2 headed baby from Silent Hill 4 was in amnesia, that would still scare me.
(07-19-2011, 04:51 AM)ZortaEnzane Wrote: [ -> ]a spin-off Silent Hill story via the HPL2 engine.

Although it's a very good idea, as a Silent Hill fan I believe Silent Hill monsters are exclusive to protagonist/antagonists, so still, even a spin-off should have their own monsters.

(07-19-2011, 05:39 AM)jssjr90 Wrote: [ -> ]Ya I know it would be a rip off, but it would be fun if it was possible, you know, just for kicks.

I don't know, maybe I care too much for Silent Hill.
I don't think Frictional wants to buy SIlent Hills rights and I doubt the creator of this thread has the money to do so.(Unless Silent Hill is open source, fact that I am not aware of.)
i would love that if only for a joke UFO ending for a custom story. how awesome would that be
(07-20-2011, 12:19 AM)nemesis567 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think Frictional wants to buy SIlent Hills rights and I doubt the creator of this thread has the money to do so.(Unless Silent Hill is open source, fact that I am not aware of.)

Ya but if you re create the models and animations then technically its not stealing. Besides, I still think it would be cool to do.
Idea theft is still theft. It's just called plagiarism. However, doing the grunt work yourself does change things around a bit.
Pages: 1 2