Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Any News On The Next Instalment?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
(09-20-2011, 09:24 PM)Gasjockey Wrote: [ -> ]Not any news that I know of since the reddit thread. Definitely agree with you on mr. facedude, he's pretty much the best thing that ever happened to gaming :p They should make a special edition of the next game, with a free mr. face plushie Big Grin
That would be awesome haha. What I like about the design is that it's based on a human form, which in my opinion makes any monster scarier than an alien or some weird mutant. Frictional Games have done it with most of their monsters and it works very well, like the Brute, Grunt and that white zombie like creature in Black Plague. Even the dog in Overture, it's just a dog, but I still find it scary

Birth of a Monster?
I think a special edition of Amnesia should come with a bottle of spiced wine.
(09-21-2011, 07:32 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote: [ -> ]with a bottle of spiced wine.

1839 France
Frictional should try and do some kinda of Horror game like say Phantasmagoria, god that game is up there for me if not a bit higher than even Amnesia in spookyness, think i player Phantasmagoria when i was 13 or 14 time.

That is one brutal horror game :O wow.

Atleast i hope someday Frictional games will make a horror game set in a spooky mansion Smile there is just something about a big scary mansion, with secret passages and such.
Yeah the dark spooky scene has worked so well with the other titles, it's just taking that to a new environment. I like the idea of a bit more gore involved, like bodies and blood stains. Or maybe some sort of flashback cut scenes. Like in amnesia where you see pictures of people being tortured, maybe showing it happening, but as ghost's performing it in front of you.
It's been a while since I heard anything. Anyone got any new news?
I'm sure, the next frictional game is the most expected game during this time.
Nobody really knows in what direction they tried to go with their new project.
In which time it plays, what the horror in the game is, and what about the puzzles...
There isn't just a little information about, no statement, no pictures, no artworks.
They really wanted to surprise us, they only said the game may will released in 2013.
How much different will it be compared to the previous titles?
They said, it will be not mainly a horror game, but a game with horror.
So, it will be a horror game or not? Maybe like Penumbra?
When FG said their next game won't be very scary (but set in an eerie enviroment) I was pretty dissapointed :C

But still... FG is FG. You guys got so much respect from me, you're in my top list of devs, right next to valve. Big Grin
2013? Long time then haha. Yeah from some of the new details of the new engine, there will be more terrain generation so I'm thinking more open environments possibly. That might be why its taking a long time to develop.

In my opinion, I thought Penumbra (Overture, as I'm currently playing through it) was a really solid game. Had some great stealth elements to it with getting around the dogs, some cool puzzles, some intense moments. I haven't got to the worm part yet, very close though, but things like that make the games more scary. Just knowing that if you look back, you will be wasting time from escaping. Just puts you on edge.

If you look at amensia, if you got spotted, but just had to run and get in a wardrobe or hide in darkness. Fare enough the monsters are a lot weird and scary looking, but it was easy to escape. If a dog found you on overture, you had to run for your life and hopefully find a door to escape it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16