Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Model help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
oh good! I hope you finish that! Smile
If you don't mind me asking, Dred, what program did you use to export the .dae files? Blender 2.5 is rather problematic in that area. (I have managed to get one into the game by simply modeling and re-exporting an already-present Amnesia model, so I'm not sure what the issue is with from-scratch models unless it's a texturing issue.)
I used Maya, with the latest OpenCollada plugin. I used to use Blender, try downloading Blender 2.49b, modelling in 2.5 and exporting in 2.49, that should solve the issue. I know that i only ever ran into problems if i was using the .DAE_FXB plugin. Does Blender use a different .DAE plugin than OpenCollada? if so, then thats your problem! see if there is a plugin for OpenCollada - blender.
I'll see if there's an OpenCollada plugin. I figured to try exporting with 2.49 but would like to avoid it if I can. Thanks!
Blender use a different plugin than OpenCollada and it's not maintained anymore, I think that's why blender cannot export armatures. It's maintenance dropped in 2006.
Got Maya (thanks to being a student for that one) but my god is it ever frustrating to work with compared to Blender. You think it'd kill them to maybe implement one useful keyboard shortcut? It's also phenomenally bad at textures.

Tried the old version of Blender but it won't export to COLLADA 1.4 without an extra plugin, which then refuses to recognize that I've already installed a full version of Python and instead tells me to install a full version of Python, and there I'm stuck.
(08-08-2011, 04:42 AM)Phoroneus Wrote: [ -> ]Got Maya (thanks to being a student for that one) but my god is it ever frustrating to work with compared to Blender. You think it'd kill them to maybe implement one useful keyboard shortcut? It's also phenomenally bad at textures.

Tried the old version of Blender but it won't export to COLLADA 1.4 without an extra plugin, which then refuses to recognize that I've already installed a full version of Python and instead tells me to install a full version of Python, and there I'm stuck.

the old versions of blender require a manual installation of Python at Python setup's default directory which is at C:\ main folder only.
Also, it requires an old version of python, i think its 2.6.2, but dont quote me on that...
2.5.2 I think(for Blender 2.49 that works). Blender says what version it wants at it's console window
I'll give those a shot. My installation directory for Python is probably what I did wrong. Thank you both for the help.
Pages: 1 2 3